Endocrinology is science studying development, structure and functions of glands of internal secretion, and also biosynthesis, mechanism of action and exchange of hormones in organism, secretion of these hormones in norm and in function disorder of endocrine glands, and endocrine diseases caused by it.
Endocrinology is closely connected with neurology, sexual pathology, pharmacology, other branches of medicine. Now it is rather developed branch of medicine thanks to which it is possible to improve considerably many patients’ lifequality.
The clinic «TerraMed» offers the most advanced examination and effective treatment of endocrine diseases. Individual approach to each patient is guaranteed in our clinic. Highly skilled doctors-endocrinologists offer optimal programs of treatment taking into account all features of disease. Complex programs of treatment worked out by our doctors include not only medical procedures, but also a special diet, and a short course of self-testing training as well.
The doctor- endocrinologist of our clinic Rivilis Inna carries out consultations in the following directions:
- diagnostics and treatment of diabetes, early detection of complications, dispensary supervision (includes definition of glucose level in blood, glycosyl hemoglobin, microalbuminuria in urine, biochemical research, consultation of the ophthalmologist, the cardiologist, the neurologist, instrumental methods of examination);
- diagnostics and treatment of thyroid gland diseases, complete spectrum of hormonal research, thyroid gland ultrasonic examination;
- diagnostics and treatment of hypotalamohypophysial system of diseases of hypotalamohypophysial system, adrenal glands;
- the complex program of treatment of adiposity;
- treatment of climacteric syndrome both in males, and in females.
In case of need you can be sent to the surgical treatment and to special diagnostic examinations.
– the condition characterized by increase of sugar level in blood; it is not one disease ,but the whole group of diseases.
The modern classification of diabetes adopted by the World Organisation of Public Health Services , outlines some its types:
- 1st – production of insulin is lowered by pancreas b-cells of pancreas;
- and 2nd type – the most widespread type when sensitivity of organism tissues to insulin decreases is lowered, even at its normal production.
- More rare type of diabetes is the diabetes which develops as a result of genetic defects, pancreas diseases , some endocrine diseases ( of hypophysis, adrenal glands, thyroid gland), of taking of some medical products.
Now the number of diabetes patients approaches to 200 million . According to forecasts, at keeping on such rates of growth, by 2010 this indicator will reach 221 million, and by 2025 – already more than 300 million people.
Diabetes increases death rate in 2-3 times, risk of development of ischemic heart disease and a myocardial attacks – in 2 times, pathologies of kidneys – in 17 times, gangrenes of the low extremities – in 20 times, arterial hypertensia – more, than in 3 times. Diabetes takes the first place in the blindness causes.
Unfortunately, at the moment of detection of diagnosis more than 50 % patients with original detection diabetes have terrible vascular complications. According to epidemiological researches, patients with original detection diabetes of the 2nd type (the most widespread type, 90 % diabetics suffer from it) have got:
- ischemic heart disease – 30 %,
- lesion of low extremities vessels – 30 %,
- retinopathy ( eyes vessels affection) – more, than 15 %,
- neuropathy ( peripheral nervous system affection) – 15 %,
- kidneys dysfunction – from 5 to 30 %.
It is often connected with late diabetes detection that can caused by “soft” clinical picture in the disease beginning.
- urinary emaciation,
- complaints to skin itch,
- weight change.
- Norms of sugar in blood.
Level of sugar in blood in healthy people fluctuates within a day in the following limits: with empty stomach it makes 3,3-5,5 mmol/l, and after meal it does not exceed as a rule,7,8 mmol/l.
Groups of risk (for diabetes the 2nd type diabetes):
- males and females over 40 years old,
- males and females with family anamnesis of the 2nd type diabetes,
- males and females with excessive body mass (more than 25 kg) ,
- males and females with disorder of glycemia level on an empty stomach (glucose in capillary blood more than 5,5 mmol/l in the morning on an empty stomach), disorder of tolerance to glucose (glucose in capillary blood more than 7,8 mmol/l),
- women who have given birth to the child more 4,1 kg, increase of glucose of blood during pregnancy (histational diabetes),
- males and females with the anamnesis of vascular accidents ( myocardial infraction, insult, etc.).