WHEN TO GO TO THE DOCTOR- OTORINOLORINGIST (ENT)?
Autumn, the beginning of winter, early spring with their rainy , slushy weather is time of seasonal aggravation of ENT-diseases. Everybody, suffering from chronic maxillary sinusitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis and other ENT-diseases should take care of their health condition in this period . Seasonal prophylaxis of acute ear, throat, nose diseases is recommended as well.
The occasions to visit the otoloringist can be the following:
- Rhinitis with different excretions from the nose, nasal obstruction, difficulty of nasal breathing, nasalized speech;
- Nasal bleedings;
- Olfaction disturbance;
- Pustulous rash in the region of the nose, furuncles;
- Sore and discomfortable sensation in the throat;
- Changes of voice (hoarseness);
- Earache ;
- Hearing disorder, noise in ears, dizziness;
- Swelling in the region of the neck, long term subfebrile temperature (from 37,0 to 37,5 ‘C).
Don’t delay your visit to the doctor when you have got some of these symptoms; remember, that any ache in ear, nose or throat that seems insignificant , can often develop in heavy complications.
One of the most frequent ENT-diseases is chronic tonsillitis – disease of tonsils ,which are the important organs that protect our organism from infections. Acute tonsils inflammation causes quinsy; if the process becomes chronic, long, chronic tonsillitis develops.
In popular speech this disease is called ” bad glands “. At chronic tonsillitis considerable quantity of pus is accumulated in tonsils in which pathogenic microbes feel perfectly. Tonsils not only stop working as immune organs , but turn themselves into a source of infections. Microbes’ waste products from tonsils get into blood, poisoning the organism. Consequence of such penetration are headaches, pains in muscles and joints, fatigue, long rise of temperature , depression.
Chronic tonsillitis is especially dangerous due to its the complications connected with unobstructed distribution of infection throughout the organism. These complications are pneumonia, inflammation of middle ear with hearing impairment, allergy aggravation, purulent inflammations of stomatopharynx tissues, prolapses of heart valve, disease of kidneys. The most dangerous complication of chronic tonsillitis is the rheumatism affecting heart and joints.
Possibilities of clinic «TerraMed» allow to carry out complex treatment of chronic tonsillitis and accompanying complications, reducing necessity of tonsils removal to minimum to keep immunity. For the basic treatment procedures of ozonotherapy and physioprocedures are prescribed . If it is necessary one can take course treatment in comfortable conditions of our day hospital under supervision of the nurse and the attending physician.
Pharyngitis is inflammation of mucous membrane and throat lymphoid tissue. Bacteria and viruses play the leading role in developing of acute pharyngitis , besides pharyngitis often develops as consequence of inflammatory diseases of the nose, sinusitis, rhinitis, chronic tonsillitis. The additional negative factor is the difficulty of nasal breath that causes inhalation of cold air by the mouth which gets on throat mucous .
- Xerostomia, scratchy throat;
- Sore throat;
- Insignificant ache at swallowing;
- Temperature can be slightly raised.
In a case if disease is not cured in time, it can be lingering and develop in a chronic stage. Thus a lot of mucus is accumulated in the throat that causes constant coughing , expectoration, especially in the morning. Consequence of this chronic inflammation of the throat mucous can be its atrophy.
Possibilities of clinic «TerraMed» allow to diagnose and to treat both acute, and chronic pharyngitis forms. The ENT-doctor together with the physiatrist will prescribe physiotherapeutic treatment; good results are also given by application of methods of ozonotherapy, including treatment with ozonized oil. Course medicinal therapy can be taken in our day hospital.
Nasal polyps are benign formations in the nasal cavity; cause of their appearance is as a rule sinusitis in the presence of corresponding allergic background. Nasal polyps cause difficulty of nasal breath, up to its complete obstruction. It can cause headaches, fatigue, olfaction disturbance.
Treatment of polyps is as a rule, surgical- their removal. But there are methods of conservative treatment which are slowing down growth of nasal polyps.
Adenoids are excessive growth of nasopharyngeal tonsil. This disease is observed more often in children, but can occur in adults as well. This disease can develop after some infectious diseases (measles, flu, etc), some respiratory diseases.
Signs of tonsil growths are:
- Difficulties of nasal breathing;
- Excessive excretions from the nose;
- Night snore, the patients as a rule sleeps with his mouth open;
- Possible headaches;
- Recidivating acute, media otitises
Conservative methods are applied in treatment of 1-II stages adenoids, adenoiditis:
- treatment of nasal mucous and adenoids with anti-inflammatory and antiedematous preparations;
- washing of the nose of antiseptic solutions;
- suction of slime;
- laser therapy;
- medicamentous therapy ( prescribing of antiinflammatory and antiedematous, immunostimulating preparations);
- treatment of accompanying diseases of ENT-organs.
Advantages of our methods of adenoids treatment:
- Individual match of treatment (conservative or operative)
- For accurate diagnostic examination with special ENT-instruments is necessary. As a rule after thorough conservative therapy surgical removal of tissues growth is necessary.
RESULTS OF TREATMENT:
- Normalization of nasal breathing
- Improvement of general state of health;
- Recovery of hearing;
- Removing of coughing, snoring, nasalized speech, recidivating otitises;
- Reducing of number of acute respiratory diseases.