Proctology (from Greek proktos “rectum” and logos ” doctrine”) – the section of medicine studying problems of etiology, pathogenesis, diagnostics and treatments of diseases of large intestines. Increasing interest to proctology is explained with considerable growth of spreading of large intestine diseases for last decades in the majority of industrially developed countries of the world.
Large intestine diseases have started to get the increasing social importance, become the frequent cause of long invalidity in old and middle-aged people . Benign and malignant neoplasms of colon and rectum take an important place among proctological diseases, frequency of which increases in all economically developed countries. Modern rhythm of life, constant stress, improper nutrition – all these factors affect human organism, including gastroenteric tract. Getting the disease in the chronic form is often caused by self-treatment which only aggravates the disease current, bringing only temporal improvement of the patient’s condition.
If you suffer from stomach discomfort, stools disorder, swelling, intestinal bleedings, you should visit the proctologist. These symptoms can be symptoms of serious diseases; the earlier you will take examination and will begin treatment, the more chances you have to avoid serious consequences.
In clinic «TerraMed» you can receive professional help in proctology. The main directions of our work include:
- diagnostics and treatment of large intestine diseases, including:
- hemorrhoids, anal fissure, polyps;
- pointed condyloma;
- acute periproctitis;
- chronic pararectal fistulas;
- benign tumors of large intestines and rectum;
- nonspecific ulcerative colitis;
- erosive proctosigmoiditis;
- Crohn’s disease;
- irritable intestines syndrome;
- acute and chronic epithelial coccygeal duct;
- treatment of constipations in adults and large intestine dyskinesia , etc.
We will offer everyone who will visit our clinic:
- professional consultation;
- necessary examination and post examination taking into account all previous examinations ;
- complex treatment of the higher international standards;
- preventive treatment of aggravations and relapses of disease.