Echocardiography (ECHO-KG) is the diagnostic procedure purpose of which is examination of heart by means of ultrasound. This is a diagnostics method without which one can hardly imagine modern cardiology. Examination is characterized with accuracy, reliability of results, painlessness, safety and availability to the patient.
ECHO-KG allows to estimate thickness and mobility of a cardiac muscle, structure and work of valves, to detect heart diseases, tumors and blood clots, to measure affection zone after infarction.
In clinic «TerraMed» for carrying out the ECHO-KG ultrasonic equipment of last generation – device HD-11 4D is used. High resolution of the device allow to see not only work of heart and its structures in real time, but also to calculate the sizes of heart, speed of blood flow in great vessels and to detect pressure in heart cavities with computer data processing.
Echocardiography is indicated at:
- Pains in the heart region;
- Changes on the electrocardiogram;
- Cardial murmur at auscultation;
- Disorder of heart rhythm ;
- Ischemic heart disease;
- Infarction in anamnesis;
- Congenital and acquired valvular disease
- Valvular disease;
- Prosthetic valves;
- Signs of cardiac insufficiency.
In case of need you can consult with the doctor- cardiologist in our clinic. On the basis of examination the doctor will diagnose and will work out for you treatment tactics.
CONTROL YOUR ARTERIAL PRESSURE REGULARLY.
Regardless your age control your arterial pressure, if:
- you have never had high pressure – once in two years;
- you have had high pressure at least once – not less often than once a year.
- you have high pressure but you don’t feel it- not less often than once a month.
- high pressure is accompanied with state of health disorder -as often as the doctor advises.
According to last recommendations of the World Organization of Public Health Services of 1999, normal level of arterial pressure is below 130/85 mm hg, level of pressure between 130/85 and 140/90 mm hg is considered as high normal, and pressure 140/90 mm hg and above is considered as arterial hypertension. Most people with hypertension have moderate high pressure and don’t complain of health state , however the asymptomatic disease doesn’t mean absence of this disease.